Welcome to the all new Official Transmissions from the Void Forum!

Biggest Disappointment of 2010??

An area to discuss this gen and its games...

Moderators: KingofMetal79, Mr ARC

Biggest Disappointment of 2010??

Postby Troop_of_Doom » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:17 pm

So everyone's probably thought about their favourite game(s) from 2010, but what were your biggest disappoinments?

Personally, I have to consider COD here simply for the massive level of expectation and hype that surrounded it. Loads of reviewers gave it full marks and I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it felt like the game was going through the motions and it didn't really grab me.

But all in all, the biggest disappointment for me last year was Crackdown 2. I loved the first game but this one felt like a contrived rip off that had none of the character of the original. While it was a different team behind it, I felt that there was no real progression in the game - even if the day/night cycle was a nice idea. It was a real shame.
[url][URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Image[/url][/url]
Troop_of_Doom

Re: Biggest Disappointment of 2010??

Postby KingofMetal79 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

I agree with you on the Call of Duty point mate. After the hype had died down it was easy to see that the main campaign was simply average and you had seen it all before. Problem is where does the franchise go now??? Infinity Ward were always the innovators and then the following year Treyarch would tweak it slightly. With the demise of IW i have a feeling that the franchise could go a bit stale. We'll just to wait and see what Sledgehammer (?) do with the next one.

While it was incredibly temperamental, when it worked i did love the MP on the new COD and the split-screen option was a welcome addition.

Aside from CoD the other game that I was really disappointed with was Kane and Lynch 2. While i know the first was not the best game ever it did have a certain charm and I found it fun to play, especially in co-op. Therefore I was really looking forward to the second one especially after playing the demo. However while they seem to fix the problems from the first game (average graphics, crappy controls and a shit cover system) they also manage to remove everything i loved about it....the mental over-the-top-ness, the variety in the levels, oh and it being FUN! IO proper dropped the ball on this. Hopefully if they combine the two they can rescue the franchise in the third game!
James Bridcut
Founder, Editor and Reviewer
Transmissions from the Void

TFTV Facebook TFTV Twitter

KingofMetal79
Site Admin

Return to Modern Gaming Discussion